To complement our current team dynamics, we are recruiting a male for this position as a genuine occupational requirement under Section 27 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA).
Office Base: Alice Springs.
Salary: Exclusive of Superannuation and Salary Packaging options are available. See Duty Statement.
Purpose of Role:
Central Desert’s Land and Community Unit provides high quality project development, management and implementation support to native title bodies in the Central Desert region, in the areas of land management, community development and partnership brokerage.
Central Desert facilitates and manages the Kiwirrkurra Indigenous Protected Area (IPA) and associated projects, under the direction of the Kiwirrkurra native title holders. The Kiwirrkurra IPA Plan for Country sets out a strategic framework for the use and management of Kiwirrkurra country. A team of Kiwirrkurra rangers are employed on a casual basis to undertake on-ground activities in accordance with this plan.
We require a part-time Kiwirrkurra Project Officer to support additional on-ground ranger activities, particularly those that are identified as men-only for cultural reasons.
There is potential to increase the hours of this role over time, dependent on funding.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Coordinate and implement on-ground activities with the Kiwirrkurra rangers.
- Engage with partners and stakeholders.
- Participate as a member of the Land and Community team.
- Undertake other duties (as directed).
Additional Documents to Consider:
Find out more about Kiwirrkurra - Click here
Find out about the Kiwirrkurra IPA Management Plan – Click Here
How to Apply:
- Download the Duty Statement and Selection Criteria. This contains salary information.
- Provide a written response to each of the areas on the Selection Criteria*.
- Upload your Resume and your completed Selection Criteria to the appropriate sections in the 'Application Form' below and complete the other fields as required.
- Press the 'Submit' button in the bottom, right corner to send your application.
*Applications that do not include a completed Selection Criteria, will not be accepted.
See 'Selection Criteria' above if you need tips or assistance.
Applications close Friday 5th of August 2016, 12.00 noon (WST).
Click here for a copy of the Duty Statement.
Click here for a copy of the Selection Criteria.