Level 3 ($64,148 – $75,401 excluding benefits)
2 year maximum term contract with possible extension
Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply. We are seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the needs of our clients and to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees. This is authorised under Section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984.
Located in East Perth, Central Desert Native Title Services (Central Desert) is a recognised Native Title Service Provider for the Central Desert region in Western Australia, covering approximately 830,935km2, nearly one third of Western Australia.
We are committed to enabling the people of the Central Desert to use their traditional lands to fulfil their highest social, cultural and economic aspirations. We are currently seeking applications for the role of Engagement Officer to assist us in our vision.
As Central Desert’s Engagement Officer you will be the person primarily responsible for engaging with our indigenous constituents and clients and other external stakeholders on native title and related matters to meet our overarching engagement strategy, you will assist in facilitating opportunities for our clients that are consistent with our mission.
To be considered for this position, it is essential that you have:
- Experience working with Aboriginal people, particularly in regional and remote locations.
- A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with Aboriginal people.
- A demonstrated ability to work in a team, and a commitment to teamwork.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently without direct supervision and demonstrate initiative.
- Strong facilitation and written and oral communications skills.
- The ability and willingness to travel to the Central Desert region of WA when required due to the remote location of our clients.
Click here for the detailed Duty Statement and Selection Criteria.
- Complete a Cover Letter clearly addressing the Selection Criteria provided on our Website (a maximum of four pages); and
- Submit your Cover Letter with your resume in PDF format.
Before an offer of employment can be made, Central Desert requires a National Police Clearance, no older than 6 months and evidence of an unrestricted driver’s license.
Please note: You are advised to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found. Only suitable candidates will be considered and contacted if short listed immediately.
Applications close 9am Monday, 25 January 2021 (WST)