PBC Support Officer
Level 3 (64,148 – $75,401 excluding benefits)
2-year maximum term contract with possible extension
Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply. We are seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the needs of our clients and to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees. This is authorised under Section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984.
Central Desert Native Title Services is committed to achieving the best native title outcomes for the Traditional Owners of the Central Desert region of Western Australia. We assist our clients to use their traditional lands to fulfil their highest social, cultural and economic aspirations.
Central Desert provides a range of services geared towards supporting Aboriginal Corporations known as Prescribed Body Corporate (PBC)s to achieve a sustainable and independent future, focusing on building capacity by empowering local and regional decision making.
We are seeking applications for the role of PBC Support Officer to work closely with and support our clients to progress and manage their business. The PBC Support Officer is an important and rewarding front line position that provides a direct interface between PBC clients and PBC stakeholders.
This role allows you to be independent and involves regular travel to remote desert communities in WA.
To be considered for this position, it is essential that you have:
- Experience working with Aboriginal people or groups, particularly in remote communities.
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clear information to clients and stakeholders.
- The ability to achieve results individually and as part of a team.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to influence others.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service excellence and continuous improvement.
- Experience in dealing with sensitive and challenging public enquiries by telephone and face to face, in a courteous and helpful manner.
- Effective time management skills with an ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
This role is full time for a 2-year maximum term contract with possible extension dependant on grant funding.
Click here for a detailed Duty Statement and Selection Criteria.
- Complete a Cover Letter clearly addressing the Selection Criteria provided on our Website (a maximum of four pages); and
- Submit your Cover Letter with your resume in PDF format.
Before an offer of employment can be made, Central Desert requires a National Police Clearance, no older than 6 months and evidence of an unrestricted driver’s license.
Please note: You are advised to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found. Only suitable candidates will be considered and contacted if short listed immediately.
Applications close 9.00am Monday, 25 January 2021 (WST)