Human Resources Officer
Maximum Term Full-Time 12-Month Contract (Parental Leave Cover)This is an exceptional opportunity to cover a 12-Month Parental leave of absence, where you will be required to provide Human Resources (HR) Management and Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) advice to Senior Management, employees and other staff within the organisation. Reporting directly to the Corporate Services Manager (CSM), the HR Officer will work closely with the CSM to deliver a broad range of HR and OSH functions to all departments of the Central Desert Group.
The successful person will:
- Provide advice and services to managers and staff on recruitment processes, employment conditions, policies, procedures, processes, Awards and relevant legislation;
- Provide high-level administrative, clerical services and generation of Microsoft Word documentation;
- Maintain recruitment, human resources and other related databases including data entry and standard management reporting to input this data into relevant reports;
- Handle telephone enquiries regarding recruitment, related employment services matters, training programs and other administrative matters;
- Organise flights and accommodation for specific training events;
- Lead OSH implementation and maintenance of standards across the organisation, and manage the organisational OSH Committee;
- Be able to build positive relationships with staff and management; and
- Be able to work with limited supervision while contributing to the success of the team.
We can offer you:
- Attractive staff benefits such as salary sacrificing;
- Great team environment with variety in the role;
- Flexibility for professional development; and
- Free onsite parking.
The successful person will be based in our East Perth office and must be able to provide a police clearance less than 6 months old.
Click here for a detailed Duty Statement and Selection Criteria for the position.
How do you apply?
- Download the Duty Statement and Selection Criteria document via the link above.
- Complete a written response addressing all the areas outlined under the Selection Criteria*.
- Submit your Resume and Selection Criteria in PDF format below.
- Follow the prompts as directed below.
Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Applications close Monday 25th June 2018, 5.00pm (WST)**
* Applications that do not include a completed submission addressing the Selection Criteria will not be accepted.
**Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as Central Desert reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found. Applications received after the submission time will not be accepted.