Operational Administration Officer (Legal Admin/Paralegal)
Level 2 ($54,019 - $64,148, excluding benefits) Full Time Nine month maximum term contract
Availability from mid JuneIndigenous Australians are encouraged to apply. We are seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the needs of our clients and to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees. This is authorised under Section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984. Central Desert Native Title Services is committed to achieving the best native title outcomes for the Traditional Owners of the Central Desert region of Western Australia. We assist our clients to use their traditional lands to fulfil their highest social, cultural and economic aspirations. We are seeking an experienced Operational Administration Officer to join our multifaceted team to provide professional support to our Legal Team. In this role, you will work in a multi-disciplinary team to provide native title claimants, Prescribed Bodies Corporate, the Principal Legal Officer and other team members within the organisation, with advice and representation in relation to cutting edge native title, mining, land tenure and related matters. The successful person will:
- be committed, solution-focused, quick to learn and flexible;
- have high level administration skills;
- have excellent written and inter-personal communication skills;
- preferably, (but not essential) have previously worked in a legal environment; and
- be a team player and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible and supportive work environment;
- Salary packaging;
- 5% superannuation in addition to the salary presented;
- Paid Christmas shutdown between Christmas and New Years that does not come out of your leave entitlements;
- Free onsite parking, as well as being in close proximity to public transport; and
- Supported and endorsed social events.
- Complete a cover letter clearly addressing the selection criteria (maximum of 3 pages); and
- Submit with your resume in PDF format via the Central Desert website.
Unsolicited resumes and contact from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Applications close 9.00am, Monday 17 May 2021